Windows vs. Ford
For all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the way computers have enhanced our lives, read on.
At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated,
‘If Ford had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon.’
In response to Bill’s comments, Ford issued a press release stating:
If Ford had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics (and I just love this part):
1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash………Twice a day.
2.. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.
3… Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.
4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.
5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.
6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single ‘This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation’ warning light.
I love the next one!!!
7. The airbag system would ask ‘Are you sure?’ before deploying.
8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.
9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.
10. You’d have to press the ‘Start’ button to turn the engine off.
PS - I ‘d like to add that when all else fails, you could call ‘customer service’ in some foreign country and be instructed in some foreign language how to fix your car yourself!!!!
While I always carry so much thankfulness in my heart for my God and my family, I sometimes just feel a little more overwhelmed by how exceptional my life is than other times. My husband has the most honest and extaordinary heart in the whole world, and it allows him to love his family so earnestly. And my son possesses such beauty and happiness that I am in love with the idea that he is the outcome of a love so strong between my husband, God, and I. How could I have time to dwell in depressoin with such an exceptional life? I admit that I do like Valentine’s Day, but it is not much different than any other day with my family.
I love being the wife of my husband and the mother of my son. I never want to fail them because they make my heart stay pure and honest and thankful in all situations. God gave me a rare love, and I don’t know why He did, but I never want to lose it. I wish that everyone had what I have. I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that my husband was meant for me when God shaped him in his mother’s womb, and if I only knew how wonderful he was before I met him, I would have prepared myself to be a better wife, but I am learning more everyday how to love him more. I hope my son, although he has just begun his life, will one day love his own wife so much that making her happy is what keeps a smile on his face. When we, in marriage, make it our goals to selflessly please the other, we will both have happiness because we are resting completely in the other’s arms for security. That means we give up so many of the rights that society tells us we have as a man or woman. Knowing so much of my husband’s happiness lies in my hands compells me so strongly to fufill his needs completely, and because of the great man God has made him, I don’t need to worry about myself because he also fufills my needs without demand. The “self” in marriage must dissapear. Even your unique charicteristics belong to the other with respect. As a matter of fact, those peculiarities and talents unique to you will grow and blossom with the inspiration of your one true love because you would only have half of the gift without him because he is all of you, and you are all of him. If you have an artistic side, allow your partner to be your muse, and you will find out you draw, sing, paint, compose, or whatever it is you do better. Don’t cheat yourself. Take advantage of the creative energy your husband/wife/lover/best friend can add. You will create with your soul instead of your physical body, and your heart will live in your art. And your talents will manifest beautifully.
So today begins the first day of my maternity leave. Feeling unsure about what people do when they are off of work, not sick, and not on holiday, I have already begun to enjoy myself. While I am waiting for my son to decide he wants to enter this world, I am preparing his home, taking a break, and getting back to the side of myself that I like. I have so much thankfulness for my job, but it is the place I spend the most time and almost like the least. I guess wanting food in my son’s belly helps me to like work a little better, but I still have to admit that the house is a lot more peaceful than work.
I am so ready to meet Daniel. I kinda think that I already know his personality and peculiarites. Not sure if this will come true or not, but I think when I see him for the first time, he may not seem so strange. It seems parallel to a penpal or internet relationship. I have learned his likes and dislikes, and he has heard me through all the feelings and emotions, from laughter to tears, he has felt what I have felt, even though I have never actually seen him. And I don’t think he’ll look too stange either. I bet he will look just like his father. That would be great. I especially hope he has his father’s eyes, hazel with long, long eyelashes. Mmmmm.
I made Danny breakfast this morning and packed him a lunch. It does not take as much will power to wake in the morning when I look forward to the days activities. I liked making his food for the day. I didn’t have to because he does not expect it from me. He would remain just fine with eating lunch from work, but I know he appreciates it, and that fills my heart with happiness. Learning to be a mom and exploring more sides of being a wife should already grows content on me.
…with much curiosity, Daniel, I will see you in a few days.
Edward Gibbons gave 5 reasons why the Roman Empire fell in one of the best proclaimed histories of the fall of the Roman Empire. I found this out listening to a View from Space with Gary Bell. Of course, I am drawing similarities to the United States, but I am not even going to mention them since I know that you can think of a myriad amount of recent activies for all five reasons that parallel to our society today. Here they are:
1. Dramatic increase in divorce, which destroys the institution of family.
2. Higher taxes that destroy the economy and vitality of a country to pay for government deficit, to pay for food for all, and to pay for government diversions from real issues.
3. The drive for personal pleasure, all the way to obssession.
4. People lost faith in Christianity and gave way to paganism in their lives: music, books, newspapers.
5. Hidden Conspirators working in the government to secretly destroy it but publically proclaim unswerving support of the government.
His observations starkly bring me back to my senses and urge me to continually stay on the path of the straight and narrow. I pray for the revelation of those whose eyes have not been opened.